The Star Trek series featured a veritable fleet of starships named Enterprise. Let’s pare it back a little, and just focus on the television shows and movies. On screen, how many captains of the starship Enterprise can you name? (People actually assigned as captain, not just “Mr. Scott, take the conn while I beam down to this planet to romance the alien of the week.”) Bonus points if you remember the actors who played them.
[Note: Tough Trivia is going to take off Monday, July 5, for the holiday (even though the actual day is the 4th).]
Yesterday’s question was: Watching National League Football is one of the most popular forms of entertainment in the United States, so this may be a fairly easy question: how many of the 32 teams can you name? Bonus points if you can put them in the proper conference (I’m not asking about divisions within the conferences).
American Football Conference
- East Division: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets.
- North Division: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers.
- South Division: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans.
- West Division: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Chargers.
National Football Conference
- East Division: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Football Team.
- North Division: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings.
- South Division: Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- West Division: Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks.
Ian’s Tough Trivia is a daily feature of this blog (Monday’s category is History; Tuesday is Arts; Wednesday is Science; Thursday is Entertainment; and Friday is Grab Bag). Each day, I post a tough question, as well as the answer to the previous day’s question. Simply comment on this post with your answer. I’ll approve the comments after the next question is posted. Sure, you can probably find the answers by searching the web, but what’s the fun in that?
And if you’ve got a favorite trivia question—or even just a topic for which you’d like to see a question—let me know! Reader participation is warmly encouraged.