Though WSFA hasn’t yet posted it on their own web site, they did send me a press release to let me know that Tanith Lee’s story “Burn Her,” which appeared in her collection Dancing Through the Fire, is a finalist for the WSFA Small Press Award. Full press release below:
Finalists for the 2016 Washington Science Fiction Association (WSFA) Small Press Award for Short Fiction were announced August 9, 2016.
- “The Art of Deception”, Stephanie Burgis (Insert Title Here)
- “Headspace”, Beth Cato (Cats in Space)
- “Leashing the Muse”, Larry Hodges (Space and Time 5/15)
- “Cat Pictures Please”, Naomi Kritzer (Clarkesworld 1/15)
- “Burn Her”, Tanith Lee (Dancing Through the Fire)
- “The Haunting of Apollo A7LB”, Hannu Rajaniemi (Hannu Rajaniemi: Collected Fiction)
- “The Empress in Her Glory”, Robert Reed (Clarkesworld 4/15)
- “Today I Am Paul”, Martin L. Shoemaker (Clarkesworld 8/15)
- “Leftovers”, Leona Wisoker (Cats in Space)
The award, recognizing the “best original short fiction” published by small presses in the previous year, will be presented at Capclave in Gaithersburg MD at the Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg on October 7-9, 2016. The winner will be chosen by members of WSFA. For more information, see the WSFA Small Press Award site.